1. What are cookies?
A “cookie” is a sequence of text characters that is sent via our web server to the cookie file of your browser to your computer hard drive. In this way, our website is enabled to recognize you when a (new) connection is established between our web server and your browser. The main purpose of a cookie is to identify visitors to the website as well as the analytical evaluation of non-personal data in order to obtain information about the time, location, and use of our website. Therefore, we use “session cookies” on our website, which are stored temporarily until you leave our website, as well as “permanent” or “tracking cookies,” which remain in the cookie file of your browser for a longer period of time in order to transmit information to the server when you return to the website.
2. Which cookies & data do we store?
We store cookies exclusively for the purpose of enabling the evaluation and optimization of user behavior on our website by means of (non-)personal data and improving your experience on our website, and facilitating repeated orders for you. We store “first party cookies” as well as “third party cookies,” which are not set by us but by a third party whose services we use. In the following, you will find an overview of the “first-party cookies” and “third-party cookies” that we set through our website by default:
a. This website uses Google Analytics for analyzing purposes (see point 3.d.). We use the following analytics cookies in the default configuration and store them for a period of a few days to 3 years:
These cookies are set by Google Analytics and enable us to monitor the use of our website and improve user experience. With their help, data about the use of our website is collected, which we use to compile reports and improve the website. Anonymous data such as the number of visits and page views and the last website visited by a user are collected.
b. We also store the following cookies during your visit to our website:
This cookie identifies your current session ID on our server for us. We set this cookie as soon as you visit our website and delete it as soon as you leave the website. It enables us to temporarily store user data such as your user ID and the content of your shopping cart to enable a purchase in our online shop.
We implement Google Translate on our website. This is a tool of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States. It allows you to translate the content of our website during your visit without having to leave the website. We set this as soon as you access our website and use Google Translate and delete it as soon as you leave the website.
We set this cookie as soon as you visit our website and delete it as soon as you leave the website.
This cookie is stored for one day.
These cookies enable us to offer you live support. For this live support, we use a widget of tawk.to ltd., 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ.
We store these cookies for the duration of your session (TawkConnectionTime) or for the duration of 10 years (_tawkuuid and Tawk_560cf809bb2a67363b9eded7).
c. We also collect and store the data that you provide to us yourself by registering an account or inserting data into our input mask during the ordering process, or actively interacting with our website in some other way. These are also personal data that allow conclusions to be drawn about your identity. We store the following data during the ordering process:
• your email address
• your name
• your country
• your birthday
• your telephone number
• your address
• your chosen password
• your order history, which includes all information about the type, extent, and price of your previous orders, as well as the loyalty credit earned during those orders.
3. Disclosure and use of the data
a. We will pass the data transmitted by you on to companies affiliated with LOC Holz GmbH and to third parties specified in this declaration for the purposes specified below. In addition, we may also pass on your data to third parties if this is necessary to fulfill a judicial or official order or if you requested this yourself. This includes the disclosure to our shipping partners and external service providers.
b. We store your data – unless otherwise specified elsewhere in this data protection declaration for certain data sets – for as long as this is necessary for our business purposes or, if necessary, due to legal regulations.
c. We use the personal data transmitted to us for the purpose of improving your experience during your stay on our website, as well as for administration, for processing your orders in our webshop, for troubleshooting, and – after separate consent – sending you marketing material, newsletters, or other information. In addition, we use your data to record and evaluate user behavior on our website – see point d.
d. We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States. This service uses so-called “cookies” (see above). The information generated by cookies about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
However, if IP anonymization is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google within member States of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. The full IP address will only be transmitted to a Google server in the USA or another country and sorted there in certain cases.
Google uses this information on our behalf to evaluate your use of our website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to the website operator. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
You can prevent the installation of the cookies required by Google Analytics by setting your browser software accordingly; however, this can lead to you not being able to use all the functions of this website to their full extent. You can prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as the transmission and processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
4. Consent to electronic contact and disclosure of your data for advertising purposes
5. Links to other websites and payment services
6. Your rights
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act, you, as a data subject of our data processing, have the following rights and remedies:
• Right of access (Art. 15 EU-GDPR) You, as a data subject of the indicated above and other data processing, shall have the right to request information about whether and, if so, which personal data is being processed. For your own protection – so that no unauthorized person receives information about your data – we will verify your identity in a suitable form before providing information.
• Right to rectification (Art. 16 EU-GDPR) and erasure (Art. 17 EU-GDPR) You have the right to demand the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning yourself and – taking into account the purposes of the data processing – to have incomplete personal data completed as well as to have personal data deleted without undue delay, provided that the criteria of Art. 17 EU-GDPR are fulfilled.
• Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 EU-GDPR) Under the legal requirements, you have the right to obtain restriction of processing of all personal data collected. Upon request for restriction, such data shall only be processed with your individual consent or for the enforcement and assertion of legal claims.
• Right to data portability (Art. 20 EU-GDPR) You have the right to claim unhindered and unrestricted transmission of personal data that you have provided to us to you or a third party.
• Right to object (Art. 21 EU-GDPR) You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal data that is necessary to protect our legitimate interests or those of a third party at any time. After an objection, your data will no longer be processed unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights, and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise, and defense of legal claims. You have the right to object to data processing for direct marketing purposes at any time with effect for the future.
• Withdrawal of consent If you have given your consent to the processing of your data separately, you can withdraw it at any time. Such withdrawal will affect the permissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have expressed it to us.
If you take a measure to enforce your rights under the GDPR as listed above, we must comment on the requested measure or comply with the request without undue delay, but no later than one month after receiving your request.
We shall react to all appropriate inquiries within the legal framework free of charge and as promptly as possible.
The data protection authority is responsible for requests regarding the infringement of the right to information, infringement of the rights to secrecy, rectification, or erasure. Its contact details are as follows:
Österreichische Datenschutzbehörde Wickenburggasse 8 1080 Vienna Austria firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Information and contact
If you wish to receive information concerning your stored personal data, about its origin, recipients, and the purpose of storage, or if you have any other questions, comments, or inquiries concerning this website operated by us, do not hesitate to contact us at the address indicated below.
LOC Holz GmbH
Technologiestraße 11, 4341 Arbing, Austria
Telephone: +43 (0) 664 1333987
Company register number: 538736i
Company register court: Landes- als Handelsgericht Wels
VAT number: ATU75802268